- Carlisle, Pennsylvania
Pratt Industries - a sustainable packaging company - is looking for an experienced manufacturing safety professional ready to manage and drive the safety initiatives for one of its newest corrugated box plants.
Why choose Pratt?
- Our Culture
- Growth/Development – we believe strongly in investing in our talented people as we know that their success means our collective success.
- Family – we view each of our fellow coworkers as extended family and are proud to welcome each of you.
- Entrepreneurial Spirit - each of our facilities operates independently, allowing the local leadership and team to propose and implement site specific changes.
- Medical/Dental/Vision benefits on the 1st of the month following your hire date.
- 401(k) Company matching contribution after 90 days of service.
- FULL tuition reimbursement and PAID childbearing/parenting leave after 12 months of service
- Growing Team - year over year, Pratt expands its customer base, the number of facilities it operates and therefore the number of talented team members it employs.
- Business Model - Pratt manufactures corrugated sheets and boxes from 100% recycled material. Pratt values environmental responsibility, sustainability and positively impacting the communities in which it operates.
Duties and Responsibilities: It is the responsibility of the Safety Manager to manage all aspects of the facility’s safety programs, policies, and requirements. Their duties are the following, but not limited to:
- Conduct safety inspections, meetings, and training programs
- Maintain paperwork related to safety training and incidents
- Assist the HR Manager in hiring interviews as related to safety requirements
- Lead new-hire safety orientation
- Investigate incidents and monitoring related medical care
- Monitor light duty program by developing jobs, communicating with physician/doctor, etc.
- Complete and maintain all paperwork with regards to work-related incidents.
- Assist Divisional Safety Manager in filing workers’ compensation insurance related information and obtaining quotes.
- Maintain membership in applicable safety or environmental associations to stay informed of new developments and trends.
- Prepare legal notices, postings, and reports as required by government and regulatory bodies.
- Comply with company policies and procedures.
- Additional duties as assigned by management.
Education and/or Experience
- College degree
- Clear, concise oral and written communication skills
- Candidates are PREFERRED who offer the following:
- BS degree in Safety/Environmental related field
- Experience in the Safety/Environmental field
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret technical procedures, manuals, regulations, and codes.
- Ability to write business reports and correspondence.
- Ability to communicate effectively with customers, employees, and outside officials to the company.
- Product and machinery specifications
- Computer data entry
- OSH Guidelines
Employee is regularly required to walk, talk and hear. The employee is frequently required to stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to sit. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds. Vision requirements include: close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, moving mechanical parts, and fumes or airborne particles. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.